KDB Business Services- Business Reviews and Tips

Sunday, November 13, 2005

This following article was an interesting concept for me as well. I like the author, had no idea what Viral Marketing was. Upon reading this article I realized maybe I had been missing out on something I could be using to help promote my business more.
Read the article for yourself and find out.

The Power of Viral Marketing
Copyright 2005 Peter Dobler

When I first heard of the term Viral Marketing I thought
immediately of a virus. No, not the flu, a computer virus.
I avoided viral marketing like the plaque. I’m sure many of
you are doing the same thing. Every email labeled viral
marketing got trashed and I immediately run an anti virus
check on my computer.

It actually took me long time and the convincing words of a
dear friend of mine to change my attitude towards viral
marketing. Call it ignorance, but I just didn’t have the
confidence in something that sounds like it wants to harm
me.

Today my whole world changed and now I’m an active advocate
to promote viral marketing. The concept is not new and it
was created by the brightest minds in the business.

Viral marketing capitalizes in the sharing habits of the
human beings. It’s quite extraordinary. We all tent to
share with friends and family the bargains or freebies we
were able to get. If we can copy the freebie we will do it
and give it to our friends and family. Take the music
industry as an example.

Ok, we established that viral marketing is giving out free
stuff and that this free stuff will be passed around. So
how do you capitalize on something everybody expects to get
for free? You don’t. You just use the freebie as an
advertising vehicle.

See, once you started giving out software or a book for
free, it will snowball from there. Granted that the
software is any good and the book provides some value.
There is no telling on how many copies of your software or
book will float through the internet. The only thing you
now for sure, it takes some time to gain momentum.

Take Hotmail as an example. Hotmail build its empire solely
on viral marketing. Every email you send had a little line
at the end advertising free email from Hotmail. That’s it.
No expensive marketing strategy, no TV ads, nothing but a
little advertising line at the end of every email. It took
years of building momentum, but today Hotmail is a giant
pulling in billions of dollars every year.

I’m not expecting to repeat Hotmail’s success with my
little viral marketing project, but I’m convinced that
sooner or later the profits will come. It is simply a
matter of time. All you need is a good product that you
control and be able to give out for free. Make sure that
you will be able to place your advertising on the front
page of the product.

You can advertise your newsletter, your web site, products
you’re selling, anything you will make a profit if somebody
clicks through the advertising on the freebie. I spare you
with the details why the same ad advertised through viral
marketing is so much more effective than regular
advertising.

Just one thought. Would you click on a single ad embedded
in a software or book send to you by a friend you trust? Of
course you would. There is nothing suspicious about this.
It’s your friend who recommended this in the first place.
On the other hand nobody actually clicks on advertising
popping up on strange web sites you never heard of before.

Now you see why I like viral marketing so much. Quite
frankly I believe in the future it is the only marketing
that works. SPAM filters and popup blockers already make it
almost impossible to get through to our prospects and it
will not get any better.

Prepare your self for the future and implement viral
marketing today. You will be glad you did.


----------------------------------------------------
Peter Dobler is a 20+ year veteran in the IT business. He
is an active Real Estate Investor and a successful Internet
business owner.
Collect more software and bonus content for your own web
site at http://www.peterdobler.com or send a blank email to
mailto:pdobler@getresponse.com


Are you at stay at home parent looking to make some extra cash? Check out this site for cool ideas.
Bizymoms.com


Magnificent Money Affiliate Program













Lung Cancer
Lung Cancer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home